Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When it comes to dogs... it's "all in the family"

Some people may be surprised to find a dog with his own blog, but my thoughts from the dog dish is a blog that is actually represented on a website, "Dogs with Blogs." So, there. I am not alone. They just need to make these keyboards wider to suit my paws.

I tried to get out of this job, but Tom says the blog has my paw prints all over it.

When it comes to dogs, it's a matter that's all in the family.

My immediate predecessors in this family, I hear, were a black lab/golden retriever mix, named, Shadow, and a golden named, Kelsey.

In his early days, I hear Shadow could get into his share of trouble. He once ate a whole bag of Dove chocolates, and didn't get sick. Not to mention, a turkey, a ham, and who knows what else?

Kelsey, on the other hand, was quite a laid back, lovable dog, I am told. She would run off with Shadow, on occasion, but was really trouble-free for the most part.

Tom told me a story about their dog, Magic. She had a litter of puppies. He noted that whenever someone would come by to look at the puppies, in order to adopt one, his daughter, Sarah, would hide the runt of the litter under her shirt.

She was about three years old. Tom said that one evening a man came to look at the puppies, which were part Spring Spaniel, and he asked Sarah about the pooch she was hiding.

She told him, "You don't want this one, Mister, it's a flea-male!"

A girl after my own heart.

During that time, he said they had dogs named: Magic, Max and Murphy.

Tom also said they had a few dogs when he was younger, Rusty, Blackie and Smokey. There was another dog who shall go nameless.

He noted that his grandmother had a toy terrier named, Tiny. She drank two cups of coffee with cream and sugar every morning. Tom added that if his grandfather made the coffee, the dog would give it a sniff and walk away. Coffee's not bag.

Tom's dad also had a German Shepherd over in Germany after World War II. Alf would drink a nice big bowl of beer, and roll down two flights of stairs after wards.

Well, it's nice to hear about the family history, but I am a dog living for today.

And today, I hope the weather clears, so, Tom and I can take a walk, then, back home for a nap.

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment