Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Monday, November 14, 2011

Another whacky day on the trail...

Well, today started out as another typical Monday. Tom & Mickey were busy making pierogies. That meant that I had to amuse myself all morning. Not really all that fun.

I was surprised, however, when after lunch Tom said, "Do you want to go for a walk?" My ears, perked. I did my little dance. I was all set.

We didn't leave right away, though. First, he had to find his keys. Then, his cell phone. Then, who knows what else. Finally, out to the big truck and we were on our way.

This time we went around to the back of Nolde Forest to the parking lot at Fire Gate # 3. We followed the Coffee Pot Trail to the Stanley Trail. About 30 yards up the trail I found a nice pile of doo doo, and I rolled in it. That was great, but Tom was not a happy camper.

From there, we hiked up the Boulevard Trail, and at one point, Tom had to grab me by my collar because a white mini van drove down the trail. According to Tom, it was driven by a lady from the State Parks Dept. That was the first time we ever saw anything like that.

We suppose she was checking out tree damage caused by that snow storm a couple of weeks ago.

Shortly after seeing the white van, we reached the highest point in the forest. It is probably close to 1,000 feet up!

Several hundred yards up the trail, we found a large tree laying across the path, and we also noticed some tire ruts where the lady in the white van must have gotten stuck while trying to turn around.

Further down the trail we found a really cool spot. The map called it a rock outcrop, but to me it looked like just a really big rock.

There, I felt like Simba, the Lion King! After I had climbed the top of the summit, I stood there proudly, and looked out upon the valley below.

We made our way down the Boulevard Trail to the Watershed Trail. There were a lot of fallen and uprooted trees. There were several places where the trail was blocked by fallen trees.

Finally, when we were nearly back where we started, I found a nice muddy, swampy area that I could romp around on the Watershed Trail. Just the dirty, smelly mess I needed to complete my ensemble of my earlier roll in the pile of poop.

When we left the woods, Tom buckled me in my seat belt, and it was home to take a bath.

He claims I needed it from head to toe. Whatever. I don't mind it, though. The best part is running through the house and shaking off after wards.

Nothing much else to report. Took a nap. Ate a little dinner. Now off to watch the tube.

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment