Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light

Let me tell you how my typical day goes, for all of you who think that a dog has it so easy.

First of all, there's doing your business. Humans have the luxury of getting out of a nice cozy, soft, warm bed, and walking 15 to 20 steps to the bathroom.

Dogs, on the other hand, need to get someone's attention, get them out of that warm, cozy bed, and have them let us out.

I usually start around six am. I do a little whine. Then, I nudge Tom a few times with my nose. At first, it's a gentle nudge. I know he's trying to sleep, but I really need to pee. Gradually, the nudges get more persistent.

If that fails, then, I do what they call my dolphin jump. I jump up in the air on two feet. Some may call that a kangaroo jump, but they would rather refer to it as my dolphin jump. Sometimes, Tom starts singing the theme song from the TV show "Flipper." I don't know, that's well before my time.

Usually, by 6:15, 6:30, I get my wish, and run out to pee. Then, we come back in, and go back to bed for another hour.

That's another issue. They get to sleep in a nice cushy bed, while I get to lay on the old blanket on the hardwood floor. Of course, they did buy me two dog beds since I've been here, and I chewed both of them up, and pulled the stuffing out of them. But, I was sort of a puppy at the time. Don't I deserve a soft, comfy bed? Maybe Santa Paws will bring me one?

Around 7:15, the process starts all over again, but this time I mean business! About that time, I am getting hungry. So, it's not just time to go to the bathroom, but I need my breakfast.

When Tom finally relents, and gets his lazy butt out of bed, we can let the day begin.

After breakfast, I usually request one more tour around the yard. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first two times. It could be a smell or the scent of a rabbit or squirrel. There's bound to be something new out there!

Next, it's a coin toss. Too bad they don't make any three-sided coins.

First, I could get lucky, and we could go for a walk. Either up the road, and around the neighborhood, or we could take the truck to the soccer field or Nolde Forest. Occasionally, Tom needs his coffee, and we make a pit stop at Turkey Hill. No Dunkin Donuts close by.

Second option: Tom has to work on pierogies. That means the gate is closed, and I have to either take a rest or amuse myself. You know what that means...trouble, trouble, trouble!

The third option is he goes on the computer. I can see him from the other side of the gate, and I usually make an attempt to get his attention to come play with me. It usually doesn't work.

He doesn't know it, but it's for his own good. If I bug him enough he won't spend too much time on that thing, and therefore, he may get something done. (Psssst! Don't tell anyone, but Donna promised me a couple doggy treats if I keep an eye on him while she's at work.)

As far as the rest of the days goes, it varies. It could be playing with toys, chewing on bones, playing ball in the yard, or just a lot of napping.

Speaking of napping, it's that time again. See, this really is a tough job!

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment