Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You can never have too many toys...

It's like the kids say, "You can never have too many toys." I agree with that.

The first toy I remember was a stuffed "Simba," The Lion King. It looked a lot like me, and I carried it everywhere I went.

One day, I was left alone all day, and I wasn't too happy about that. Sadly, "Simba" got shredded into little bits, and is probably rotting in a landfill somewhere. I miss that guy.

Tennis balls and other toy balls are child's play. Oh, I like to play with them, but their life expectancy with me is probably under three minutes. Even the "Tuff Balls" and the so-called indestructible balls are no match for me.

I have had my share of stuffed animals over the last few months: dogs, sheep, teddy bears, chickens, squirrels, etc. Most of them came from the Goodwill, and most of them are history.

Currently, my favorite toys are: my puppy dog (that looks just like me), a moose, a chicken, a frog, a Taco Bell dog, a pumpkin and a white teddy bear.

Sadly, the moose has just one antler, the frog is missing a leg, and the Taco Bell dog looks like he had a hernia repair. He used to talk, too. Guess the cat got his tongue. He was kind of annoying when he talked, anyhow.

These guys are hanging in there, though.

I also have a hang-up with leashes and collars. I have been through a bunch of each. Donna got me a cool one with peace signs on it, and I am on my second one. It's a good thing they are guaranteed for life. I can chew 'em up and spit them out.

I had a blue one, an orange one, and two leather ones. Gone, gone, gone and gone.

Now, I have this big, bulky, fat, black leather collar with a matching leash. It looks like it belongs on a horse. Maybe, it does! Actually, Donna had it made by a Master Harness Maker in Amish Country. Don't worry, I'll work on it.

Rubber bones, raw hides, pig ears, yuck! Give me the real thing. Give me a big, juicy, meaty bone from Green Dragon. Now, that's something to chew on.

When you're done, all you have to do is hide it under a sofa cushion for later, or bury it in the yard. It's like a bone in the bank!

Dog treats and biscuits are okay, but give me real food any day.

Well, I don't know how we got from toys to treats, but I'm getting hungry. I guess I'll go see what I can scrounge up, and then, it's NAP TIME!

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

1 comment:

  1. Please click on comments to leave your own thoughts on the blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete