Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just beggin' for a day out...

It's been a long time since I've been out on a real walk. Tom says he's been real busy lately. Yeh! What about me?

Oh, we took a few spins around the soccer fields, but I hardly even got my nose warmed up for that.

On a recent trip to the soccer fields, we saw a bunch of hawks flying overhead. They seemed very noisy, and kept an eye on us initially, but after awhile, they seemed to disappear.

On another occasion, I went there with Tom and Dylan. That was kind of fun. He has a lot of energy, and we ran up and down the hills a few times. Tom just kinda walks around the place.

When it's cold out, it's a little harder to pick up smells, and I sure can't roll around in anything. That bums me out a lot. I love smelly stuff.


Tom and Donna went to New York City, I heard them say. They showed me some photos they took while there. There was a photo of the stable in St. Patrick's Cathedral, and believe it or not, there's a dog that looks just like me in the stable.

If you look close you can see it's not me. My nose is a brownish-pink. The dog in the photo definitely has a black nose.

I think he is actually by 45 great-grandfather, Samuel.

There is a legend that one of the shepherds brought a sheepskin to the Christ Child, and during the night the cover kept slipping off, and Samuel kept pulling the cover back up to keep him warm.

There's another part of the legend we don't talk about often, though. Joseph sat a hunk of goat cheese down that was also given to him by one of the other shepherds, and Samuel snatched it!

Joseph and the others chased after him, and tried to get him to drop it, but when he stepped in a pile of dog poop he gave up the chase.

That is so nasty in those sandals, you know!

Oh well, I guess that's why you don't see too many dogs in other manger scenes.

All this storytelling has tired me out. Time for a nap. See ya!

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment