Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's not easy being me...

People say, ah, yes... it would be nice to have a dog's life! Oh, I guess I can't complain. I have it pretty good, but it's not all fun and games. It's not what you think.

Let's start back at the beginning. I was born on a farm way out in the country somewhere. I couldn't even tell you where it was. Somewhere out near Myerstown, PA, I am told.

Those people were nice, but there were lots of them, and it was very confusing. There were lots of other dogs there, too! The one thing I liked about that place was I could jump in the creek anytime I wanted to. Not so, here!

Then, this nice couple came to meet me, and I guess they liked me because they took me home.

That was quite a night. It was back around Valentine's Day of this year. I got a little queezy riding in the back of the Jeep and made a mess.

When we finally got home, it was quite an adjustment, but I think I did okay. It took me awhile to figure out all that bathroom stuff, and I ate a few shoes along the way.

Did you ever see that movie "Marley & Me?" He was my hero! Getting into trash, shredding seat cushions, jumping in the pond, chasing chickens... they were all a blast!

I once ate a whole bag of fresh jelly donuts. Boy, were they good, and fresh from the bakery at Green Dragon Farmer's Market. I don't know why I haven't seen any more of them around for awhile?

Did I tell you about the time I met the skunk? Talk about smell. That guy has issues. Or was it a girl skunk? I think she was wearing Channel # Phewwwwweeee! I don't know what happened to her.

Going for walks is definitely the best. Sometimes Tom & I go to the soccer fields near here. Either we walk down the road to the fields, or we drive in the truck. I like riding in the truck, though. Hanging my head out the window. Taking in the sights...the smells... the girl dogs.... oops, sorry!

Down at the soccer fields I get to run around like a nut. Sometimes I just wander around the place taking in the smells etc. Once in awhile I can tell there's been a deer or a rabbit passing through recently. Other times I can pick up the scent of a oppossum, raccoon or a squirrel. Once I found a big pile of horse poop. Wow!

Other times we drive to Nolde Forest. That's a little bit further down the road, but the place must have a gazillion trees and all kinds of trails to check out.

Sometimes Tom & I hike for 30-40 minutes, other times we may trek an hour or so. It's a big place, though. We don't see too many critters, but the place smells like there's been a lot there.

Well, I am getting a little tired now, so, I think I'll go take a nap. Check back later, and I'll tell you about some of my other adventures this past summer.

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment