Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Monday, November 21, 2011

It's time to give thanks... woof!

Yes, it is time to give thanks. The big holiday is quickly approaching!

Even us dogs have a reason be to be thankful. At least most of us do!

I am both happy and thankful that Tom & Donna decided to adopt me, and take me home that Valentine's Day evening. Not that I wasn't having a good time where I was, but I like it much better here.

I saw the turkey sitting in the fridge defrosting. Boy! Does he look good. I just can't wait to smell him cooking away in the oven. I just know there's a few turkey scraps with my name on it.

As a retriever, part of my job is to carry things around. Sometimes I carry pillows, clothes, shoes, etc. Other times, I get a little daring, and latch on to gardening clippers and tools, cooking utensils, dishes, even a chicken planter.

If I can get it in my mouth, I will try to carry it. I was pretty good at taking things outside when I go, like some of my toys, throw pillows from the sofa, and other goodies.

Tom and Donna, however, have been discouraging me from doing that. So, most of the time I just carry the item to the door, and then, drop it. Once in awhile I sneak something outside.

Once I spent the week at the Barndt house, when Tom & Donna went to the beach. I had a great time running around their house with something called a "bra." I really don't know what it was, but they thought it was pretty funny.

Recently, I thought I'd help myself to some dog food, and carried the scoop around the house. That didn't work.

Also, this morning, I thought I'd do a little shopping after breakfast. So, I grabbed a coupon and a pen. Just in case I needed it. Turns out I didn't.

Ripping up pieces of paper and cardboard is another fun past time of mine. It can make quite a cool mess. The only problem is, that usually means it is time to run the vacuum cleaner, and I hate that thing.

Well, like I said, I have a lot to be thankful for. I am sure there are a lot of other dogs waiting to be adopted. They don't have it as good as me!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. It's time for another nap!

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment