Stanley Your Blogging Host

Stanley Your Blogging Host

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Four-legged friends

Even a dog has a few friends. I don't really have a relationship with any dogs in the neighborhood. There's a golden next door named Eddie, but we really don't have much contact.

There's a black dog across the road. His name is Max. I met him a few times, but we never really spent much quality time together. I hear his bark quite often.

Whenever we walk up the road to the closest housing development, there is an old yellow lab that wanders out to say hello, occasionally. Next door to him, there are a couple of other dogs, who are not very friendly, either.

Across the road, there lives another trio of dogs. They always run towards us, and stop right at the edge of their yard. They bark and growl a lot, and are not very friendly. Thank goodness they have an electric fence that works most of the time.

In Butler's Crossing, there are a few other dogs. Four of them live in a house on the hill, and they also have an electric fence. Otherwise, we would have met face-to-face.

My closest real friend is the previously mentioned cat in our house named Valentine. We have a love-hate relationship. I love to chase her. She hates me.

She can be quite deceiving. She will trot up onto the front steps and rub up against me. Then, she'll dart across the road or run around the house, and get me in trouble.

We don't spend much time in the house together. She usually heads out to the back porch where her food is. She is a teaser, though.

Once I visited a dog in our family named Hector. He belongs to the Ludwig's. He's a good old dog, but I heard he likes to run away occasionally. We had a short play-date once, and we got along great. I stayed over his place one weekend, also.

Next, there is a really hot chocolate lab, named Abbey. She's great, and really knows her way around the barn. She's also pretty smart when it comes to horses. I must confess, they spook me a little. They are soooooo big!

I just love going to visit Abbey. She has a big place to run around and explore. They have buckets of water around the barn where you can just get a big sloppy drink anytime you want.

Speaking of horses, Tom took me to Hopewell Furnace one day, and that's where I saw my first horse. He was a big guy.

Well, sorry I didn't have any funny stories to tell this time. I think I have time for another nap before dinner.

Woof! Woof!
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment